Editorial Note: We earn a commission from partner links on Forbes Advisor. Commissions do not affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations.
After a busy summer travel season, hotel loyalty programs are rolling out the red carpet. Fall typically means fewer leisure travelers as families pick back up with school and routines, and the return of business travel. With that, you can expect more hotel promotions as brands fight for valuable customers. Hilton and Hyatt are the first to announce their autumn offers—and they’re worth a look.
Hilton’s Double Your Stay
From Sept. 6 through Dec. 31, 2022, Hilton’s offering the easiest points you’ve ever earned: Double base points on all reservations. All brands are included and there’s no cap to the number of points you can earn with the promotion, though registration is required prior to your stay. Still, this is an easy way to rack up points for your next award.
Plus, there’s an extra bounty for stays with a check-out day between Monday and Friday. For those, you’ll earn an extra 2,000 Hilton Honors points on top of the double points. Better yet, even eligible reward stays will earn 2,000 points, giving you an incentive to book with Hilton even if it’s an award trip.
Hilton members can see their balances climb quickly when taking advantage of this deal.
Featured Partner Offer
Hilton Honors American Express Card
Up to 7X Reward Rate
Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts within theRead More
Earn 100,000 points
Excellent/Good (700 – 749)
A good intro into the Hilton world without paying an annual fee, the Hilton Honors Card from American Express brings you a few nice perks. But if you’re a serious Hilton traveler, you’ll want to look at one of the higher end cobranded Hilton cards offered by American Express.
Pros & Cons
- High point earning rates
- Automatic Silver status includes complimentary late checkout
- No foreign transaction fee
- No blackout dates
- Low point redemption value
- Silver status comes with limited benefits
- Poor transfer rate to airline partners
- Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn up to $100 in Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of Membership.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
Hyatt’s Bonus Journeys
Hyatt is also offering double points this fall, though with a catch. From Sept. 15 until Dec. 20, 2022, stays of two or more nights will earn double World of Hyatt base points. Again, all brands are included. In fact, participating MGM Resort destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels and Lindblad Expeditions will also earn double points. Bonuses are capped at 60,000 points during the promotional period and you’ll need to watch out for the minimum stay requirements.
This promotion also has a double feature—In addition to earning bonus points, stays of any length at Inclusive Collections resorts will earn double night credits, bringing you closer to elite status. This includes brands such as Breathless, Dreams, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Secrets, Sunscapes and Zoëtry.
Registration is required and closes Nov. 15, 2022.
With Hilton and Hyatt setting the bar high for promotions this fall, it should be easy to find hotels offering bonus rewards if you’re traveling in the next few months. Other hotel programs haven’t yet announced details of what they’re offering, if anything, but they’ll have to step up their game to compete with these appealing offers.